General laboratory safety rules to follow
There are some laboratory safety rules and regulation that must be followed by every person present in a laboratory. These rules are intended to provide behaviour, hygiene and avoid any accident in the laboratory any safety of the individual.
Rules are as follow
- Always put your footwear outside the laboratory to avoid any contaminations,
- One should always wear lab coat which protect form stains of various chemical or dyes.
- Know location of each equipment, glass wears, chemicals and safety equipment and always put in their place after use.
- Should avoid direct skin and eye contact with chemical
- Post warning signs, basic rules, hazardous chemicals in the lab.
- Don’t try put anything in mouth while working in the lab
- Always wear hand gloves, safety glasses, mask, protective gears while performing experiment.
- In case of any injury or accident immediately inform to the instructor.
- No horseplay will be tolerated
- Avoid distracting person working in the laboratory.
- All the containers of chemical should be well labelled
- Wash hand before and after performing experiment
- Long hairs loose clothes should be pulled back tightly
- Eating and drinking should be avoided inside the laboratory
- Always make a plan to execute experiment before performing it.
- Laboratory glassware should not use to store food stuff
- Never lift any chemical or glassware above the eye level
- Turn off all the unnecessary light switches and ignitions source
- Don’t not perform any experiment without any proper knowledge
- Keep your working area clean form all thrash
- Don’t work alone in the lab.